Personal Dietary Evaluation Sheet
Test your nutritional knowledge!
Answers: 1-T. 2-f. 3-f. 4-T. 5-f. 6-T. 7-b. 8-?. 9-T. 10-T. 11-d.
12-a.13-a. 14-T. 15-d. 16-f. 17-a. 18- 19-T. 20-f. 21-a. 22-d. 23-c.
24-f.25-f. 26-c. 27-T. 28-a. 29-f. 30-f. 31-T. 32-f. 33-f. 34-f. 35-f.36-f.
37-f. 38-f. 39-T. 40-T.
- Some foods contain a lot of fat, but no cholesterol.
- Cholesterol is essential for the adult and must be included in the diet.
- For weight reduction purposes, dieters should never take in less than 500 calories per day.
- Complex carbohydrates should provide at least 50% of the total calorie intake.
- Saturated fats are only found in animal products.
- Red meat, poultry and fish are all good sources of protein.
- How many teaspoons of sugar in a typical 12-ounce can of cola?
a) 13 b) 10 c) 5 d) 4
- What type of iron is most easily absorbed by the body?
a) Beef b) Iron fortified cereal c) Tofu
- An apple and piece of multi-grain bread are both good sources of carbohydrates and fiber.
- Both poultry and fish are generally leaner than red meat and are preferable.
- Which bread typically contains the most fiber?
a) raisin b) rye c) oatmeal d) all about same
- Which fruit juice is a natural, unfortified, source of Vitamin C?
a) Pineapple b) grape c) prune d) apple
- Which meat has the least fat?
a)extra lean ground beef b)ground chicken c)ground turkey d)ground turkey breast
- A 12-ounce wine cooler has more alcohol than a beer
- Which is not a good source of iron?
a)black beans b)clams c) steak d) raisins
- Vegetarians often get too little protein
- Which of the following foods has greater vitamin C than oranges ounce for ounce?
a)red peppers b)broccoli c) strawberries d) all
- Which fruit listed is low in potassium?
a)watermelon b)grapefruit c) cantaloupe d) banana
- Most Americans get more than enough phosphorus in their diets.
- The more protein you eat the better
- How many carrots will it take to provide the suggested 6 milligrams of beta carotene?
a)1 b)2 c)3-5 d) over 5
- Which of the following is rich in complex carbohydrates?
a)pretzels b)pasta c)biscuits d)all
- Approximately how many teaspoons of added sugar are typically added in one cup of fruit yogurt?
a)8 b)6 c)4 d)2 e)less than 1
- Shellfish are high in cholesterol.
- Frozen vegetables are nutritionally inadequate compared to fresh.
- Which cooking method is the worst at preserving nutrients in vegetables?
a)microwave b)steaming c) boiling d)pressure cooking
- Canned beans are as nutritious as dried beans that you cook.
- Which cookie has the least amount of fat?
a) oatmeal b) peanut butter c) sandwich type d) chocolate chip
- To lessen the amount of fat, remove the skin of chicken or turkey before roasting or broiling.
- Saturated fat is only found in animal products.
- Most people do not need the iodine in iodized salt.
- Your body absorbs "natural" vitamin C more easily than synthetically produced vitamin C.
- It is harmless to take large doses of vitamin C.
- Fat-free essentially also means cholesteral-free.
- High consumption of sugar leads to diabetes.
- As an active athlete, you should consume approximately 200 g of carbohydrates daily.
- Prior to physical activity, it is important to stay away from a sugary snack or drink.
- Vegetarians must be careful to eat mixed proteins at each meal to assure a complete protein nutrition.
- Canola oil is lower in saturated fat than olive oil.
- Performing regular vigorous activity means you probably should have a higher antioxident rich diet.
Evaluations: Gym/Fitness Center || Personal Trainer || Nutritional Counselor || Doctor(s) || Healthy Diet
[ FAQ's] [News]
[ Resources] [ Reviews] [ Shopping]