BioD has 30 days to save the Planet Earth. Watch the videos and learn how you can help improve our environment.
Here are some Going Green tips:
Day 1. - Reduce...Just use less!
Live more simply: purchase and use less of everything. Simplify your life.
Day 2. - Reuse...Give it another go!
Be sure to buy and use whatever you purchase more than just once.
Day 3. - Recycle...Turn it into another product!
It is usually not convenient to recycle, but landfills are filling up and the environmental cost to replace the loss of a recyclable product is higher in the long-run.
Day 4. - Evalute Your Life...All Eyes on You!
Take a little time aside to look at how you are living your existence and what type of footprint you are creating...Tread Lightly.
Day 5. - Conserve Energy...Turn it off!
We use more energy than needed, use your electrical items less, buy highest efficiency units sold and turn them off when not in use.
Day 6. - Transportation...Go Greener!
Use your car less by walking, biking and take carpools & public transportation more.
Day 7. - Conserve Water....Use less at every opportunity!
Much of the fresh water is in ice and glaciers which are rapidly melting and mixing into the ocean. Fresh water is the key to our subsistence.
Day 8. - Your Food...Choose more wisely!
You do not have to be a vegetarian (though that is best) but eat less red meat, more organically and higher amounts of colorful fruits & vegetables.
Day 9. - Green Thy Home...Lights & Insulation first!
Go through your home and evaluate all appliances, faucets, washers, dryers, light bulbs...anything that consumes heat or cooling. Energy efficient windows, home outdoor paint color, insulation and much more affect incredible potential climate changing opportunities.
Day 10. - Clothing...Organic & Hemp!
Read More at the site:
Firstly, do you really need to replace that pair of pants (give to second-hand if so)? If you do need something new, look for organic cotton or better yet organic hemp...it is much stronger and lasts longer.
30 Ways in 30 Days to a Greener Life
Here are some water-saving tips:
- Turn off water while you brush your teeth and save 4 gallons a minute.
- Use a broom instead of a hose to clean your driveway and sidewalk.
- Install a toilet dam or bottle filled with water in your toilet tank to cut down on the amount of water used for each flush. Be sure these devices do not interfere with operating parts.
- Insulate hot water pipes so you don't have to run as much water to get hot water to the faucet.
- Don't use running water to thaw food.
- Run your washing machine and dishwasher only when full.
- Soak pots and pans rather than let them sit under running water while you scrape them clean.
- Use a commercial car wash that recycles its water.